Thursday, March 29, 2012

Brooklyn

I just woke up from a two-hour nap. I feel groggy, but it's still light out, and that's something. I'm waiting for my dream self to slip into the background as my conscious self becomes more aware of who I am, where we are, what's happening. It's a strange place to be, between asleep and awake, but it's not uncomfortable.

In two days, less than 48 hours, actually, I will be back in Philadelphia. I've been missing everyone and everything for so long that it's sure to be a bit of a roller coaster ride, coming back. Anything looked forward to with so much anticipation can't help but disappoint, but I continue to anticipate.

The weather has been so wacky the last couple of weeks, from 85 degrees in New Hampshire back down to temps low enough that I have needed my long-underwear, my jacket, my hat, scarf, gloves. So glad this nomadic existence has continued to have the right clothing for most circumstances.

In an hour or so, I'm having dinner with Rebecca and Liz, who plan to feed me and "ply me with drinks," says Rebecca. To what end, I don't know. Maybe they want me to talk about volunteers.

My presence in the awake world has been noticed. Be well, sweet readers.



photos taken in Winona by Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment