Monday, March 19, 2012

Montréal


I suppose it's worth noting that my second attempt across the Canadian border was successful, though not without hassle. Luckily, my paperwork (including an earnest letter written by yours truly) and my answers were deemed acceptable, though I was warned that I will always need an excess of documentation when crossing the border, because I have been flagged. Good to know.

I had less than a day in Toronto, ultimately, which was unfortunate. I visited with Naomi and Brenna of Toronto Community Acupuncture, spent the night, and moved on to Montréal. Highlights of my visit thus far include a visit to a queer bar with two miniature bowling lanes (Notre Dame des Quilles), some roof time and a picnic in a park on an amazingly beautiful day, and poutine. I'm staying with my friend Noam, which is lovely, and have gotten to meet several of Noam's friends, all good people. It's a true gaycay; no acupuncture clinics here.

I'm writing this in a fit of insomnia. I should probably attempt further sleeping, as I've agreed to wake up and go to class with Noam in a short couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment