Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Albuquerque, NM

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with how awesome this trip is.
Molly, thank you for letting me borrow your house. I mean, not just this whole time I'm visiting you, which is awesome and amazing, but specifically, this afternoon. I'm alone in a house! I had no idea how much I needed this solitude.
I'm listening to Inky Skulls on repeat. You too can check them out here: http://inkyskulls.bandcamp.com/. I heard them in Atlanta, bought their tape (Introduction to Alchemy), but haven't been able to listen to it until now. Not a lot of tape decks in the world.
When the sun was just starting to think about setting, I hung out in the back yard. Spent some time in the hammock, climbed up into the tree house. Spent too much time online this evening, but what can you do? Ate an avocado out of the shell, with flax seed oil and salt. About to eat some dinner. Then Molly and I are going to "the theatre," complete with bad British accents. You know what I mean.
Neat things I have done in the last week or so, in no particular order: saw lots of antelope! went to my first hot springs! (amazing) hung out with lots of acupunks, made new friends, saw an old friend (hi, Carrie!), got on a full greyhound bus in the middle of the night and laid down in the aisle for lack of a better thing to do (I'll tell you the story in person if you ask), finished my sudoku book (what will I do now?), hiked in some foothills, thought about privilege and roots, decided I want to be back in Philly by April 1st...
Ok, gotta eat and get ready for, ahem, the theatre. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, you seem to be having a wonderful time. Someday you will have to tell me the story about the bus.

    I don't know why, but I was not aware antelope were in the US.

    Also, by some brain mistake, I made my username MikeInJapan instead of just calling my blog something like that, in case you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your blog? Is it started yet? I will read it! Yay, Mike in Japan!

    ReplyDelete