It's pretty; it's red; it's a pretty good metaphor for life...
So, I'm bleeding today. It's actually hugely relieving on an emotional and physical level. I've had serious lower back pain for upwards of a week, and talk about teenage-angst hormone levels--whoa. So, blood brings relief.
Since I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be doing this whole menstruating thing (aside: since I don't believe in never or forever, except as concepts that we can use to be hyperbolic, I am not going to say that at some point I will cease to bleed forever. But, my bleeding days are most likely numbered), and today is Halloween, I think it might be the best costume ever if I was to smear my own menstrual blood all over my body. However, since it is cold enough that I pretty much have to wear clothes, I may stick to smearing it on my face. I'm pretty excited about this as a possibility, truth be told. If it were warmer, I'd try to find a secluded patch of woods, strip naked, cover self in blood, and do a merry little dance, or something.
But. We can always go partway, kids. We can always go partway.
No comments:
Post a Comment