Saturday, February 25, 2012

Klamath Falls, OR

I've fallen off the blog wagon. I didn't post about San Francisco or Chico. The pace of my trip has been steadily accelerating. In 12 days, I'll be in Milwaukee, and will have traveled over 2500 miles from where I am now. Almost 2000 of these miles will be in one epic greyhound stretch, 36 hours straight. This sounds terrible in some ways, and sort of like an extended silent meditation retreat--I've never done that, but I imagine it would cause both pain and personal growth that would be difficult to predict in advance.

Some things:
  1. Before you attempt to drive a manual car in San Francisco, know how to use the parking brake to accelerate up hill from a standstill.
  2. Sometimes, your foot hurts, and you could use a day of homebody time anyway, and maybe these things coincide in a synchronistic fashion, even though you're in San Francisco. And that's okay.
  3. Baby sheep/goat duos are maybe the cutest thing ever.
  4. Self-care is necessary and important. Taking care of others is all well and good, but there's NO WAY that anyone can do this indefinitely without enough self-care. Care-givers, keep it in mind!

So, at present, I'm hanging out with my old college buddy. We've known each other for ten years, briefly lived together after college, and haven't seen each other in probably six years. This photo was taken on my 22nd birthday, an epic night of too much drinking, too much smoking, chess, borscht, and hilarity.

And, last night we made seven videos (of course we did). Here are three. The second one is the most entertaining, if you like watching people get silly while drinking. The third is the shortest. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment