Thursday, June 7, 2012

Reflections

It's kind of late at night, and my brain is a bit scattered.  I just wrote "Reflections" as the title for this post, and I'm hoping that will help keep me on track.  My life has been a whirlwind since my tour, and lately I've been wanting to do this thing again, this blogging.  In particular, I've been wanting to reflect on how incredibly amazing my journey was.  It kind of blows my mind that I was able to do what I did--to go on an epic journey, work on healing my heart, visit so many people and places, and help people out in the process.  I mean, seriously, how did I get so fucking lucky?  I connected with so many amazing folks, some for the first time.  I spent time in so many places, many for the first time.  I spent so very many hours on greyhound, which, for the record, wasn't all bad.  The anonymity of greyhound allowed for some needed crying, and the sitting time was meditative.  Also, you know, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  So I've heard.  Seattle to Minneapolis in one 36-hour stretch:  I don't really recommend it, but I survived it.

And then, somehow, after nearly four months on the road, I landed back in Philadelphia.  I spent some hours with my bff before he left town for three weeks, went to sleep, and went to work the next morning at my barista job.  Things weren't totally seamless, but it's kind of amazing how natural being here felt after so long gone.  Just over two months later, Augustin (bff) and I are getting settled into our new apartment.  I'm dating two pretty amazing people.  Things at the firehouse (home to both PCA and the Satellite Cafe) are going well.  In short, life is busy and full.  I'm so thankful for all of the people, around the country and the world and here in Philly, who have allowed me to hang out in their world, whether for a night or many.  You make my heart sing.


4 comments:

  1. An honor to be part of the journey. So good to know your heart better. You make my heart sing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salamander & I deeply appreciated your presence. Thanks for making us part of your epic journey. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you pitstopped in Austin, Zem. Happy that I was able to return the favor after your generosity rocked my world in Chicago 6 years ago. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete